Ingredients for 8 For the Shell
500gms. Maida (All purpose flour)
6tbsp. Ghee (melted)
For the Filling :
1/2 tsp. green Cardamom Powder
25gms. chopped almonds
25 gms. Raisins (Kishmish)
25gms. dried coconut (shredded)
350gms sugar or to taste (powdered)
Oil to fry
Description Preparation :
1) Sieve the flour. Mix the six tablespoons of oil with the
2) Using fingers, mix well so that the mixture takes the form
of breadcrumbs and binds to a certain extent.
3) Now add some water and knead lightly. Keep adding
water as required and knead into a soft but tight dough.
Set aside and cover with a damp cloth.
4) Now Mash the khoya and fry it in a kadhai / deep pan till
light brown in color.
5) Add sugar and cardamom powder into the khoya and mix
well. Add almonds, cashews, coconut and raisins. Fry
for 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Allow it to cool.
6) Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a
small round of 4 " diameter.
7) Fill half the round with the khoya mixture, moisten the
edges fold it and seal the round, twisting the edges
inwards. Take care that the filling does not ooze out.
8) Prepare all the gujiyas and spread on a cloth.
9) Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the gujiyas in batches
on a medium flame. When golden brown in colour, drain
10) Store for use in an airtight glass jar.
Notes Gujiya moulds can also be used. For using moulds, place the rolled dough ball in a greased gujiya mould and fill a tbsp. of filling mixture on one side. Moisten the edges of the round and fold one side of the mould over the other. Remove the excess edges and reuse.
Origin North India
posted: Sunday, November 30, 2003 by Rakhi reads: 2052
It is all about Chandras'
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 2003 by Anubhav Chandra